http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI-bHenF3L0&feature=related
"Where I Stood"
by Missy Higgins
I don't know what I've done
Or if I like what I've begun
But something told me to run
And honey you know me it's all or none
There were sounds in my head
Little voices whispering
That I should go and this should end
Oh and I found myself listening
'Cos I dont know who I am, who I am without you
All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you
All I know is that I should
'Cos she will love you more than I could
She who dares to stand where I stood
See I thought love was black and white
That it was wrong or it was right
But you ain't leaving without a fight
And I think I am just as torn inside
'Cos I dont know who I am, who I am without you
All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you
All I know is that I should
'Cos she will love you more than I could
She who dares to stand where I stood
And I won't be far from where you are if ever you should call
You meant more to me than anyone I ever loved at all
But you taught me how to trust myself and so I say to you
This is what I have to do
'Cos I dont know who I am, who I am without you
All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you
All I know is that I should
'Cos she will love you more than I could
She who dares to stand where I stood
Oh, she who dares to stand where I stood
My riff on this song and because of all that I am thinking in my life right now, is that....
all I know is that I know who I am
I am a woman & I have
a woman's body
a woman's legs & breasts
a woman's life
a woman's memory & mind
a woman's heart
that, as wonderful a man
as you truly are
you don't always
understand
but we fight
each other
and we fight
to understand
each other
and keep this love going
as long as we can make it
until one day
we will both
be gone
************************************
More Missy Higgins - song called Warm Whispers ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZthGfwQnTI
Your warm whispers
Out of the dark they carry my heart
Your warm whispers
Into the dawn they carry me through
And I'm weeping warm honey and milk
That you stay surrounding me, surrounding me
Your warm whispers
Letting me drown in a pool of you
Your warm whispers
Keeping the noise from breaking through
And I'm weeping warm honey and milk
That you stay surrounding me, surrounding me
Yeah I'm weeping warm honey and milk that you
Stay surround me, surrounding me
Honey stay surrounding me
And a hyperlink below to a compilation on YouTube with a great live version of the above song...she is SO like a young Aussie Tori Amos I almost can't believe it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KixC3qTvWjg&feature=autoplay&list=AVGxdCwVVULXerbUl3oWF3UjkKPmb-R5mW&index=6&playnext=6
The power of "and you're gone and you're gone and you're gone and you're gone" just haunts me. And it just goes on & on...
Hence the title of this slightly bizarre blog post - sorry that I'm sort of ripping off the title of a great movie! But creative license and all that, you know? Hopefully it's not trademarked....
Monday, July 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Beautiful words Michele..deep..raw..evocative. Just as words should be....
ReplyDeleteI read somewhere that when we "suffer" is where we are most creative and write so well.
I know that's true for me anyway :)
Love you lady.
I love you Charms, and I have been suffering lately and so the writing is flowing! I love it and I hate it, all at the same time. But that is prob also the Gemini in me, always of two minds and at cross-purposes :)
ReplyDeleteBut I appreciate you so much for reading & commenting and just for being one of my oldest and dearest friends. There will never be another "us" at 13 reading Stephen King and bonding like we found our soul-sister, which of course we did.
Big hug to Matt and let's talk more soon!