Belated post for my first half marathon of the running season, last weekend! The inaugural Rock ‘n’ Roll Clearwater Race finally happened Sunday the 8th, after being postponed from last year due to Hurricane Ian.
Having done only two other Rock ‘n’ Roll races before (Savannah in 2021 and New Orleans way back in 2001), I had forgotten what huge races these are! Thousands of people made for a late start but the weather was unexpectedly perfect and for sure the bands playing on the side lines every 3 miles or so helped with the energy.
Besides the bands and the finish, my favorite part was the “Biofreeze” station somewhere near Mile 8 or 9, where you could pull over and get the pain relieving spray on various body parts, like you were getting new tires and gassed up at a NASCAR pit-stop.
The medal is small and my time slooow at about 2 hours 38 minutes (there were 3 big bridges soooo), but I had a great race and I am still and always -





No comments:
Post a Comment