Saturday, October 7, 2023

Baby Love

I’ve never been a person who is wild about babies. 


I mean obviously, since I chose not to have any of my own, but in general terms also. Probably due in part to my starting to babysit younger sibs and neighborhood kids at a very young age (shockingly young in retrospect and compared to what I believe is standard age to start babysitting today). The in-home day care center my mom ran for most of my childhood didn’t help either!


But maybe I was also just “built” that way. I have a pretty strong opinion that the assumption many people have, that all women want and need to have children, is inherently sexiest.


And yet, I recently fell in love with my granddaughter. 




To be fair, I was pretty well primed for it, hearing my equally not-wild-about-babies husband gush non-stop since returning from New Hampshire, where he visited his son & partner, and met Jubilee for the first time. 


He visited in August for Jubilee’s first birthday, but I waited to meet her until this recent trip to Milwaukee, to celebrate my mother-in-law’s 100th birthday. So much to celebrate! And to be grateful for, too.








No comments:

Post a Comment