“I only run half-marathons, because I’m only half-crazy.” ~ origin unknown
I’ve been even more into running these races than ever before, and it was particularly special that I got to share the last two with my sister, here above photo for the Clearwater running festival just last weekend and below for our 3rd annual meeting up in Baton Rouge on MLK weekend.
Where it was so cold I wore my hat the entire race, a first for me I think:
Look, I know it’s not at all the most important thing going on in the world right now, but it brings me joy so I had to share.
In fact, “Joy” is my title for this photo from Safety Harbor Best Damn Race in 2024, where I came around the corner near the finish line and was surprised by friends waiting for me and cheering me on, such a great moment!
Next weekend I’ll do the SH BDR for the 10th time (it would have been my 11th but it skipped a year because: COVID). This, the race I’ve done the longest, is so special to me because it’s where my half-marathon craze began, when I ran it for the first time in Feb.2016. So, of course I have to do it every year.
In 2025 I did a record (for me) 9 half-marathons! This year I think I’ll go for 10. I’ve already done 2 this month, I’m signed up for 2 in Feb and 3 in March which will leave me only needing 3 for the remainder of 2026.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Half - in December 2025
Late November’s Space Coast Half -
Central Florida Legends “Mermaid” Half Marathon - older bro did the “Fountain of Youth” 5k race -
Saint Pete Runfest Half - holding a piece of licorice randomly given from some spectator/supporter but I couldn’t eat it until I finished (this was very near the end) -
My long term goal is to get to 100 half-marathons, and I’ve got 48 completed currently. Almost half-way there! And eventually if I keep running these halfs into my 60s and even 70s, perhaps I could win or at least place within my age bracket. A girl can dream.











No comments:
Post a Comment