This is what I have been memorizing for the past few months and maybe why I haven't written in my blog for forever! Just trying to get my mind around these few simple concepts for how I could control my own mind, how I react to everything that happens to me and around me, as it all changes.
And how others could relate and benefit from this learning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_Sutras_of_Patanjali
It's all in our mind - beautiful and ugly and out of control and always accessible for change:
Yoga Sutra # 2 - The restraint of the modifications of the mind-stuff is Yoga.
Yoga Sutra #12 - These mental modifications are restrained by practice and non-attachment.
Yoga Sutra #13 - Of these two, effort toward steadiness of mind is practice.
Yoga Sutra #14 - Practice becomes firmly grounded when well-attended to for a long time, without break and in all earnestness.
The Practice, Practice, Practice of the Yoga Sutras is a daily exercise but not without its joy, and not without its moments of relief and breath and giving in. Just try this in a yoga pose and you will know what I mean!
Everything changes. Everything can change in an instant.
It's not how it changes, exactly, but how we deal with it.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment