Q-U-I-E-T
on the scrabble board
as we sat by the pool and
I won game after
game
We slurped frozen
tropical drinks
got ice-cream
headaches
and tried to
wait out the rain
He says he feels invisible
like nothing has changed
there's no room for him
in this relationship
I take up all the space
So whatever he kept
spelling out on the
scrabble board, I
can't remember
because I guess he's
game
We slurped frozen
tropical drinks
got ice-cream
headaches
and tried to
wait out the rain
He says he feels invisible
like nothing has changed
there's no room for him
in this relationship
I take up all the space
So whatever he kept
spelling out on the
scrabble board, I
can't remember
because I guess he's
right, after all
I guess it's all the same
he must be right
never mind he's been my
home for 18 years
and I don't know anything
at all, about independence
I guess it's all the same
he must be right
never mind he's been my
home for 18 years
and I don't know anything
at all, about independence

No comments:
Post a Comment