I am a woman still discovering what she wants to do with her life. I have survived almost 30 years in Corporate America (Information Technology), one very bad - but brief - job as a Union organizer, 2 years of Graduate School (terminal MA in Literary Studies), the sudden death of one parent and years of indecision. I consider that my life is only just beginning, while I relish the present and take time to think about what I want to come next. I love to read (Fiction and NF), write poetry and discuss all things book and language related. I easily get excited about ideas and tend to talk loudly and gesticulate a lot. My husband's favorite comment to/about me is “you sure can talk, baby" (slightly mis-quoting the movie "Down By Law"). I happily embrace my child-free lifestyle although the decision to not have children of my own was not one I made exactly easily. I regularly (try to) meditate and do yoga to stretch my body and my mind. I love to run (half marathon being my favorite race distance), but I also love amethysts, sunbathing, kind people, and non sequiturs.
No comments:
Post a Comment