Monday, April 1, 2024

Thinking About Death

The recent sudden loss of my friend Danielle, the upcoming 2 year anniversary of my Mom’s death, feeling my own mortality as I continue on in my early 50s, my grief over the possible (still pending a final decision!) death of my marriage, all put me in mind of and mood for this beautiful song. 


I’ve always loved this artist, her voice is incandescent. I don’t totally understand some of the lyrics but I love the song anyway.


Death Came and Got Me ~ by Rosie Thomas

I can't 

I can't stop cryingEvery day I'm so afraid of dying
Death already came and got meSo I'm not livingI'm not living anyway
And who am I supposed to be? Everybody seems to see except for meWho cares anyway?'Cause when it's over it's all overAnd what you gained you throw away
When will love ever find me? All my life all I have craved is to be seen Who cares anyway? 'Cause when it's over all that matters is the love you gave away

No comments:

Post a Comment