Look how many problems you caused
by dying, the medical examiner for autopsy
the arrangements for cremation, the questions
the crying, all the other emotions:
I had to go for a pedicure by
myself last night and it pissed me off
I met you at a job and during a time
in my life I would not survive, I
came out the other end
a different person, but you stayed
my friend
I wasn’t your person but I was one
of your people, you collected them
like art works (you had 842 FB friends!)
like hobbies and interests
all the things you knew
how to do and be: singer, sailor, activist
seamstress, painter, ballroom dancer,
actor, philanthropist
Beloved Daughter
You were so full of life, it makes no sense
that you’d be gone so soon, so suddenly
your cats are so confused and they miss you
but not more than we do
You were one of us




No comments:
Post a Comment