"I'm thinking it should start in Paris and then move. It's what happens in Paris that fuels the fire. You can't have the rest without it."
"You always said you couldn't write about Paris because you were too close to it."
"Yes, I know, but for some reason it's coming easily. We were in Pamplona two weeks ago, but I can write that, too. I don't know why. Maybe all of my thoughts and rules about writing are just waiting to be proven wrong."
"It's good to be on fire, isn't it?"
"I hope it goes on like this forever."
The Paris Wife
(page 340)
by Paula McLain
Monday, January 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm thinking I must read this novel Michele! You've inspired me!
ReplyDeleteI've been trying to take a moment today to catch up on your blog..>I've been so remiss with reading and writing lately....
I'm reading The Stranger at the moment...it hearkens me to our teenage and impressionable years.
Anyway, I'm glad to be back at YSCTB because I've missed it! I love these excerpts from the book...I loved My Favorite Animal...amazing stuff!
Ah god the impressionable years...not like we're not still way too impressionable, permeable (in the ways we've talked about) as Gemini & Scorpion right? But glad you're reading The Stranger (want to hear your thots about it) and my silly blog posts too, and glad to hear I inspire you! I feel ridiculous to be so touched by this but - it's so interesting you've made me and my blog into an acronym! YSCTB - I love it! Now I think I've really made it - this might go to my head :)
Delete