Didn't get everything we own into the Civic after all, and so rented a car at the last minute, which was a lifesaver. (Note: that's not our U-Haul in the background, but belonged to the new tenant who moved into our place, a whole day and 1/2 earlier than expected!)
Hard, so hard, to let go - even when it's a joyful choice!
Caravaning to FL in two cars has been interesting. At David's insistence we bought 2-way radios on the way out of town which helped up immeasurably getting through the nightmare that is called the Chicago-area, with all the tolls, congestion and general confusion. Further South, among mundane walkie-talkie conversation about which Interstate to take next and when to get off for gas/food/potty breaks, we've also been dreaming of the future and reminiscing about our honeymoon (road trip to Savannah, GA in 2003). Hopefully the truckers tuned into our channel found it more amusing than annoying!

I give you credit....driving all the way to Florida in a car by yourself. I can only last as a driver or passenger for about 3 hours. After that....um, get me on an airplane please!
ReplyDeleteStay safe.
I was um, not very good at driving all that way myself. Always thought I was a road-trip warrior, but really that was just a much-inflated concept of myself. How hard it is to be brought down by reality! But thx for the credit, despite all obstacles we made it :)
ReplyDeletejust wanted you to know that I read this and liked it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dave! You are truly my "Constant Reader" aren't you? (shades of Stephen King! but then he's on my mind a lot lately, see my most recent post) Love you, M
ReplyDelete